Events and Sponsorship Coordinator
The Raza Development Fund (RDF) is a successful, national, investment grade-rated, non-profit, community development financial institution (CDFI). Over the past 20 years, RDF has invested over $1.2 billion nationwide to strengthen the Latino community in the areas of Education, Affordable Housing, Healthcare, Social Services, and Social Entrepreneurship. RDF is currently seeking a passionate candidate to fill the role of Events and Sponsorship Coordinator with knowledge of communications strategies, marketing and PR.
Under the supervision of the Department’s Director, the Events and Sponsorship Coordinator develops and implements the planning and executing of in person and digital events for the organization. Creates planning tools for RDF events that ensure successful execution. Tracks and records our sponsorships of community events, ensuring that all sponsorship benefits are met, such as logo placement. Works with sponsored organization to process and document payment of sponsorships. Makes sure RDF staff and community ambassadors are strategically represented at sponsored events. Promotes PR opportunities for our Senior Leadership team to speak at community events. Develops and maintains a database archive of photos and videos.
Supports the overall Communications Team activities such as the development and implementation of the organization’s advertising, communications and marketing strategies, public relations activities, and community programs regarding its highly financial services, in order to build brand awareness, increase sales and ensure clear communications regarding a variety of matters. Additionally, the Communications Coordinator supports all internal communication initiatives and events.
Duties and Responsibilities
Event Planning and Executing
- Plan and coordinate corporate and community events at the new building with tenants, ambassadors, and community leaders to promote the Community Hub. Including virtual events, holiday staff party, board in-person meetings, morale boosters, employee appreciations, profit sharing meeting, etc.
- Develops tools and processes to plan and implement successful events across the organization.
- Creates and maintains a database of community members contact information for online and in-person invitations.
- Collects content for social media from events and sponsorships before and after.
- Coordinates RDF’s participation in the UnidosUS conference and other annual events.
- Support Small Business Department with community relations and outreach for the Technical Assistance Program and Applications Promotion.
Community Sponsored Events
- Tracks and records community sponsored events.
- Acquires approval of sponsorship from .
- Process for payment and collects needed documentation for accounts payable.
- Ensures the offered benefits per sponsorship is completed and documented.
- Coordinates PR opportunities for Senior Leadership Team.
- Invites RDF Staff and Community Ambassadors to participate in sponsored events.
- Assists the Comms Team in the development of all strategic and tactical Communications initiatives and plans.
- Assists the Comms Team in creating and implements marketing/media/digital plans that include print, online, tradeshows, and social networking opportunities.
- Assists to create, maintain and strengthen the Company’s overall brand in all media forms (online, print, etc.)
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- Superior creative and technical writing and verbal skills.
- Bilingual preferred, English and Spanish.
- Keen eye for detail and ability to online surfing, direct mail, print, and electronic advertising.
- Strong creativity and marketing skills. Ability to generate multiple and varied ideas.
- Must be multi-task.
- Organizational and time management skills. Complete work within established time frames.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Team Player.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications including advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, and Word), and Zoom Meetings and Webinar.
- Problem Solver.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of information regarding company financial and other information.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, Journalism or other related fields, and two to four years related experience.
- Demonstrated background in successful event planning and executing experience.
- Direct knowledge in content management, creative writing, advertising conceptualizing, direct mail, print, media negotiations, and electronic advertising is a plus.
- Works in standard office building environments.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on occasion.
- Must be able to pack and assemble tradeshow booth.
- Uses standard office equipment such as a personal computer, laptop, external drives, camera, scanner, copy machine, fax machine, binder, laminator, cellular phone, telephone/headset, lead reader.