Description: RDF is currently seeking candidates for the role of Investment Associate to provide broad, community development underwriting support to its industry and/or geographically focused business unit Directors, most of whom are temporarily working remotely from Phoenix, AZ; Seattle Washington; New York, NY; and Brownsville, TX. The successful individual must be a creative self-starter; capable of custom-tailoring financing solutions for complex structured transactions that involve public/private partnerships, traditional debt, grant capital, and/or tax credit financing. In this role, you will work directly with borrowers, vet investment opportunities, provide technical assistance, conduct due diligence and financial analyses, draft credit memoranda, defend recommendations to credit committee(s), and coordinate the documentation and closing of secured and unsecured credit products for clients in all industries in which RDF invests capital. While preference will be given to applicants who are geographically proximate to any of the fund’s current operating bases, a permanent remote role may be considered for the right candidate.
To succeed in this role, applicants should meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Three years of financial underwriting and/or community development finance experience working with non-profit organizations
- Possess a comprehensive, working understanding of community development finance and traditional credit products
- Ability to identify and mitigate credit and investment risk; and establish and monitor key performance indicators
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple, concurrent objectives, projects, or activities; and work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Serve clients as a trusted advisor throughout the full-cycle of client relationships and provide technical assistance services when necessary
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt to work both independently and collaboratively
- Commitment to providing exceptional, valued-added, solutions-oriented internal and external client service
- Strong verbal and written presentation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree; and a high degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office and remote connectivity platforms
Qualified candidates should send their resume of professional qualifications and experience, along with a cover letter to David Clower, Chief Investment Officer, via email at email@example.com for immediate consideration.