Adrian Ruiz is the Deputy Chief Investment Officer and head of the Education Finance practice for Raza Development Fund, having joined the organization in 2018. He is responsible for leading the fund’s educational community outreach and impact investment efforts; managing and monitoring a portfolio of education focused impact investments; and assisting in leading an inter-disciplinary group of impact investment professionals across the RDF’s lending verticals.
Prior to joining RDF, he served as the Executive Director of Espiritu Schools, an emerging network of K-12 charter schools, where he was responsible for the overall operations and performance. Under his leadership, Espiritu became one of only four “A” rated local education agencies in the South Phoenix community. Mr. Ruiz has been involved in the education industry for over 13 years and possesses a diverse business background having worked in finance and accounting capacities with various domestic and international nonprofit organizations.
He received his B.S. in business finance from Arizona State University and holds an MBA from Benedictine University. He is alum of the Pahara Institute’s NextGen Network, serves as a reviewer for the Walton Family Foundation School Start-up Grant review committee, sits on the Governing Board for the Charter School Financing Partnership, and serves on the A for Arizona Expansion and Innovation Fund vetting committee. He is currently a Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) Level II Candidate.
- MBA from Benedictine University
- S. in Business Finance from Arizona State University
- Alum of the Pahara Institute’s NextGen Network
- Serves as reviewer for the Walton Family Foundation School Start-up Grant review committee
- Serves on Governing Board for the Charter School Financing Partnership
- Serves on the A for Arizona Expansion and Innovation Fund vetting committee.
- Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) Level II Candidate