Communications Associate Specialist
Dream a brighter future for Latino communities alongside us! At Raza Development Fund, you can use your professional skills to empower under-resourced communities across the country, helping us increase access to healthcare, education, and affordable housing, economic opportunity—and igniting lasting change. To be part of our legacy of influence and impact, learn more about our job openings and apply today.
ABOUT RAZA DEVELOPMENT FUND (RDF)
RDF is the largest national, Latino-focused nonprofit Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI). Driven by a mission to close wealth and opportunity gaps in Latino and other under-resourced communities across the United States, RDF provides responsible and attainable financial solutions to community-based organizations focused on health, education, affordable housing, climate resilience, homeownership, and entrepreneurship.
RDF was founded in 1999 as a support organization to UnidosUS, the nation’s largest Hispanic civil rights and advocacy nonprofit, formerly known as the National Council of La Raza. As a testament to its exceptional financial strength and impact, RDF stands out as one of the few CDFIs with a prestigious AA- S&P rating. Since its inception, RDF has invested more than $1.3 billion across 38 states, leveraging over $6 billion in additional capital.
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
We’re seeking a passionate Communications Associate who thrives in a dynamic environment fueled by collaboration, innovation, and a commitment to having a positive impact on the Latino community. If you’re a strategic communicator with a keen eye for detail and a drive to make a difference, this could be your ideal opportunity. This position is perfect for you if you are:
- A communication whiz with excellent written and verbal skills who can foster meaningful connections with diverse audiences, both internally and in the community. Bilingualism in English and Spanish is a powerful plus!
- A tech savvy expert who feels comfortable using tools like Constant Contact, CRM systems, Microsoft Suite, Zoom, and remote platforms.
- An adaptable multitasker able to juggle diverse projects while embracing new challenges with flexibility and a can-do attitude.
- A problem-solver who thinks critically, analyzes effectively, and researches confidently to find creative solutions to a variety of challenges.
- A trustworthy colleague who understands how to treat sensitive information with discretion.
- A collaborative spirit who shines in both independent and team settings.
- A deadline master who can manage multiple priorities flawlessly, meeting tight deadlines with a smile. Event logistics experience is a valuable bonus!
- Developing and managing social media content calendars, ensuring timely and engaging posts across various platforms.
- Assisting with graphic design tasks using Canva, creating visuals for social media, presentations, and other communication materials.
- Supporting the creation and distribution of the RDF Internal Newsletter in Constant Contact.
- Contributing to onboarding new employees, creating initial folder systems, preparing communication materials, and collecting information for the organizational chart.
- Collaborating with the Communications team to plan and execute RDF’s participation in conferences and events.
- Managing and maintaining a database of community members’ contact information for online and in-person invitations.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or a related field.
- 1-2 years of experience in a communications or marketing role.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Proficiency in social media management tools.
- Familiarity with graphic design software like Canva (preferred).
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (preferred).
- Works in standard office building environments.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on occasion.
- Must be able to pack and assemble trade show booths.
Apply today and tell us why you’re the perfect fit for this exciting opportunity!