The Raza Development Fund (RDF) is a successful, national, investment grade-rated, non-profit, community development financial institution (CDFI). Over the past 20 years, RDF has invested over $1.2 billion nationwide to strengthen the Latino community in the areas of Education, Affordable Housing, Healthcare, Social Services, and Social Entrepreneurship. RDF is currently seeking a passionate candidate to fill the role of Investment Associate to refine and execute a strategic expansion plan that will meet increasing demand for community development financing throughout the southeastern United States.
Our investment strategy is predicated on an ultra-high touch and value-added approach to supporting Latino owned and controlled organizations that prioritize premium outcomes benefiting low-income communities. RDF’s market position as a preferred capital partner enables superior project sourcing capabilities; and our team of impact investment professionals care deeply about the success of our clients. To that end, we bring more than just capital to the table – we make key connections; provide valuable advice; design and lead structured financings; and deliver innovative solutions. Operating as a non-regulated, specialty finance company, our due diligence process is decidedly values-based; fundamental, but forward looking; and we actively embrace complexity to capitalize on differentiated, impact investment opportunities.
Reporting to RDF’s East Coast Regional Director, the Investment Associate will collaborate regularly with industry, impact, and product focused teammates in New York, Florida, Texas, Washington, and Arizona to achieve individual, team, and community development investment goals. The Investment Associate will serve as a primary point of contact for an assigned investment portfolio and new prospects, representing the fund on regional loan originations working directly with clients, vetting investment opportunities, providing technical assistance, structuring transactions, conducting due diligence and financial analyses, drafting credit memoranda, defending investment theses, and coordinating documentation and closings.
To succeed in this role, the Investment Associate must:
- possess at least five years of community development finance experience in the southeast, with a deep understanding of local and regional community stakeholders’ needs;
- be capable of making quality connections with potential clients and local community partners, such as UnidosUS Affiliates, non-profit and for-profit organizations, local and state government entities, social service agencies, and other like-minded organizations;
- be able and willing to serve RDF’s clients as a trusted advisor throughout the full-cycle of client relationships and provide high-value, technical assistance services, when necessary;
- be comfortable working remotely from either Nashville, TN or Atlanta, GA;
- be committed to providing exceptional, valued-added, solutions-oriented internal and external client service; and
- adhere to RDF’s corporate values, at all times.